519church, a multisite campus of the Apex UMC Family, has an immediate need for a new Custodian. The position is part-time (at least 6 hours per week) and reports to the 519 Communication and Operations Coordinator.
The Custodian for 519church will be primarily responsible for maintaining:
Cleanliness and Readiness of Buildings by:
- Communicating daily with the Communications and Operations Coordinator and responding to urgent issues as they arise.
- Dusting furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures; washing windows, counters, walls, ceilings, and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping floors; cleaning and vacuuming drapes, blinds, furniture, and carpeting; cleaning and resupplying rest rooms.
- Maintain awareness of scheduled church functions and adjust the cleaning and setup schedule accordingly.
- Observe the condition of buildings during daily cleaning and report problems to Communications and Operations Coordinator. Replace light bulbs as they fail.
Building Accessibility and Appearance by:
- Emptying trash containers and picking up papers and trash throughout 519 campus.
- Recycling paper, plastic, and metal materials in the appropriate containers. Prepare light bulbs and ballasts for offsite recycling.
- Removing ice and snow from walkways when necessary.
Cleaning Inventory and Equipment by:
- Checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed inventory; placing orders.
- Following manufacturer’s operating instructions, repairs and cleaning recommendations.
Safe Working Environment by:
- Complying with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical usage, policies, rules, and regulations.
There are three main things we think will make you a good fit for the team at 519:
- You are genuine. In all things we aim to be genuine—excellent, but not unnecessarily polished. Our whole team tries not to take ourselves too seriously, so that we can take our work seriously. A willingness to be vulnerable and open about your spiritual journey is as crucial as your ability to love well and live differently.
- You really love cleaning. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and create a spotless environment for our church/conference center. You might secretly watch YouTube videos about cleaning hacks or have Pinterest boards that are full of ideas for creating clutter free spaces.
- You are all in. We are a young church that is motivated and continues to flourish. We expect you to be as committed to the work of the church (not just cleaning) as we are, and that you will thrive in our mission-centric environment.
There are three main things we think you will love about working at 519:
- We are fun. We work hard and play hard. We laugh a lot and are at our best when we are friends on a mission together, pitching in and helping each other out.
- There is an enormous opportunity for impact here. The work we do is sometimes tiring, but always enriching. We are serving in one of the fastest growing, least-churched areas in North Carolina, and we welcome people weekly who are giving church one last chance. If you come, we will build it…the next 2-5 years will be some of our most exciting ones.
- We really do love well and live differently. This church has a heart for loving and serving other people, and we do it in creative ways. This is a great job for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who wants the stability of a large church and the ability to risk new kingdom ventures. This is a place you can grow as a disciple, in your leadership abilities and professionally.
There are three things you must do to be qualified to work at any campus within the Apex UMC Family:
- Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith.
- Sense God’s calling to this ministry and be eager to use one’s gifts and talents to serve Christ.
- Commit to invite and equip laity to serve in ministry area when appropriate.
These are the things you want to have before you apply for this role:
- Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable.
- Able to provide transportation between campuses to perform duties and maintain auto insurance.
Want to apply for this role?
Send a resume or job application to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the job will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.